What are cookies?
Cookies are data storage and retrieval devices that are installed on the user’s device in order to store information and retrieve the information stored while you browse our website. In general, these technologies can be used for a variety of purposes, such as recognising you as a user, obtaining information about your browsing habits, or personalising the way in which content is displayed. The specific uses we make of these technologies are described below.
What kind of cookies does this website use?
This website uses the following cookie types, depending on their purpose:
· Essential technical cookies and personalisation cookies: These cookies are necessary to manage browsing on the website or to keep the user connected. They also allow information to be recalled so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users (language of the website, number of results in a search, etc.).
· Analytical cookies: These are cookies that allow us to monitor and analyse users through our website, and are intended to ensure improvements are made based on data analysis of how the website is used.
On the other hand, cookies may be first-party or third-party cookies:
· First-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by Satlink, from where the service requested by the user is provided.
· Third-party cookies: These are cookies are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by Satlink, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies, such as, Google Analytics cookies.
Finally, cookies can be session or persistent cookies:
· Session cookies: These are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion, and they disappear when the user leaves our website.
· Persistent cookies: These are cookies in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie manager, which can range from minutes to a maximum limit of two years.
How can you configure cookies?
Technical and personalisation cookies are installed on the user’s device when accessing the website, as they are necessary for the website to function correctly. The user cannot deactivate this type of cookie.
Satlink offers users the possibility of managing analytical cookies through the cookies banner at the top of our website. Analytical cookies will only be installed if the user expressly accepts their installation.
In the cookies banner on our website you can select the “reject” button, in which case only the technical and personalisation cookies that are necessary for the website to operate will be installed, or “accept", in which case the analytical cookies will also be installed.
How can you configure the preferences in your browser?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your device by configuring your internet browser options. If you block them, certain services that require their use may not be available to you. Below are links to information on how you can manage cookies in the main web browsers: